nedeľa 27. februára 2011

Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly

The end of the world as we know it has come. Angels from other dimension invaded our planet and they feed on people. But no one can see their evil plans – for common people they are lovely and full of pure light.
Except...Alex’s mother was killed by an angel. Since then he was trained to see angels and kill them. And he has never failed. Until he was supposed to kill Willow. Willow is extraordinary girl with paranormal abilities – she can read people – their past and future, their thoughts and feelings, regrets and hopes.
When Alex comes to kill Willow, instead of an evil angel, he finds beautiful girl and he starts falling for her.

This book was very innovational in many ways. Although I didn’t like the concept of bad angels (I just couldn’t identify with it), the whole thought of the mankind ruled by angels was very good built. L. A. Weatherly created new world, which was dangerous and dark and I found myself buried in the story. And I believed almost every sentence in the book.
Almost. Sometimes there were things I couldn’t believe – because things just don’t go this easy in the real life.
I liked the characters of Alex and Willow. I consider Alex the most hot and handsome male character in all the books I have read in last time. (seriously he had gray eyes, tattoo and leather jacket!) I can say I liked the relationship between Alex and Willow either, if there weren’t some things – at the beginning Alex and Willow hate themselves too much and in the end they are in love too much. Their love is wonderful, but there were just too many I love Yous for me.
This is the first book in the trilogy and the plot retells us mostly Alex and Willow’s escape in 300 pages. And in the end the grand finale. I think more of action will come with the following books.
I liked Angel Burn, it was good story with strong main characters and good plot full of romance. I just didn’t find it such thrilling and compelling, it didn’t make me put everything aside and only read. And that is what I expect from an awesome book.
Despite I’m looking forward to the second book. I hope the angels turn out to be good in the end.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Candlewick Press for providing me with an early copy of Angel Burn.

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára